Monday 16 July 2018

Roadtrip Up North - How I got burnt in krabi


As this was my 4th visit to Krabi, my only plan there was not to have any plans. I didn't want to go island hopping or snorkeling as we normally do on beach holidays. Also, largely due to how "wonderful" my past 2 boat rides were where I hurled my guts into the sea, I really wasn't too keen to do anything which required me to be on the sea and not in it.

So, in the morning we just walked around a beach I had always wanted to go to but didn't have time to RE: island hopping and snorkeling the past few times. That was really lovely. Except that the weather was fiery hot. And I was too excited to walk in the shade. The sight of a body of water always gets to me and makes me act like a fool.

Finally in the water! But not able to swim yet. 


Walking to a teeny tiny island from the mainland. You can only do it during low tide.
Dream come true! Hahaha

Other than that, we just walked around the shops around Ao Nang and had a swim at Railay beach nearby. There's really not much to share as it's just a pretty and touristy little beach town. So, here are some pictures instead.


In the morning - still smiling with fair skin. Oh little did you know...
Also, a little PSA: remember to keep hydrated in hot weather.

On the boat to Railay beach.
Ok, I know I said no more journeys on the water but this was the only way to get there so.... As you can see, not wearing any life jackets, very unsafe. 

At Railay beach - swimming at 2 in the afternoon.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, was the beginning of the end. Because I got a horribly bad sunburn, on my first day of holiday no less. 


View from a songtaew along Noppharat Thara beach road. The sea is just beyond the trees.
Fyi, songtaews are bigger tuk tuks.
So, you remember my dinky little hotel? Turns out it looks pretty tops in the day time. I spent a lot of time in the pool my 2 days there. 

Dinner at the Night Market in the town center.
Any guesses for how much this plate of economy rice cost me? 

On our second day in Krabi, while getting my hair washed, my friends randomly decided to spend the remainder of our holiday in a small, relatively undiscovered island called Koh Mook. There was never a better decision made.

No comments:

Post a Comment