Friday 21 December 2012

Stunning New Zealand



Seems like another year is coming to an end. I've been busy first with Celta, then with my family coming over and going around the South Island with them... I don't think I've really noticed how the year went from middle aged to become a tottering old man on his last legs. Oh well, new things are always being born, and 2013 is just biding it's time before coming out and bringing us new hope, new resolutions, and all the good things a new year can bring. 




 As I said before, my family came over primarily to attend my graduation, but of cos to do some sightseeing as well. I think New Zealand is beautiful in every season, but to be honest, I think it's its' showiest during Summer. (On good days) the sky is as blue as it gets, the landscape is alternately a very lush green, or vividly yellow and brown in the bush areas. Purple and pink hued flowers bloom all along the highways and even the sheep and cows seem more frisky. But best of all, it's warm enough for us to wind the window down while driving so I don't feel carsick. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of driving along the highways here, especially the inland scenic road; where it does live up to it's name of being very scenic, because I always arrive at the destination feeling like jelly and all green in the face. But this time around, there was hardly any feeling of motion sickness so Praise the Lord! That was a happy trip.


Akaroa. How wallpaper-like the view is. 


Among the flowers (whatever they're called) at Lake Tekapo


The majestic mountain range (I think they're called the Incredibles) at Queenstown.
If I'm not mistaken, some scenes from LOTR were filmed here.


My sister likes feeding the birds here but freaks out when they come close. Hmm...

Pesky seagulls

A half and hour hike to the Devil's Punchbowl




This is actually in a church in the tiny village (population 50) of Arthur's Pass.
Isn't the view delightful? It must be lovely for the congregation to have sermons in this building. 



1 comment:

  1. Really Praise God for sustaining you throughout the journey aye. No motion sickness! Nice

    ReplyDelete