Wednesday 27 February 2013

I'm going to become an ADULT?!


The boom of festivities has abated now that all 15 days of Chinese New Year has passed. Life slowly returns to sober normalcy and people once again start counting down the days to Labour Day.

As for this person, I will be entering the working world next month (which is kinda in 2 days time), and I am apprehensively excited! This will be my first REAL job and I hope not to mess it up. Finally, this girl is a little bit more of an adult. I don't know if anyone truly feels like they're adults. At heart, we're probably all children  playing make belief at being an adult. Sometimes watching adults you respect act like brats really reinforces that idea. I certainly don't feel like a mature grown up. But that said, whatever our age, it's always good to be youthful and young at heart, no? Wait.... what? Heck it's good to be YOUNG.

At this point of time I don't have much to offer (if we were to use society's measuring tape).
No money
No car
No house
No guy

But what I do have is youth (huhu reaching my mid-20s very soon...), ambition, and my God who is crazy about me. If this is the valley, there is no where else to go but up, up, up!

Last month, I was rather dejected because I felt like I had lost my passion, and especially my ambition. "Where do you see yourself in ___ years" questions floored me as I felt I had lost my bearings. But I think I see a vague hint of a road sign now. The road to take is getting clearer... As I become more settled here, I begin to have an idea of where I see myself, and the causes I want to champion, or at least be a part of. Isn't life liveable when you have something to look forward to; something to live for... To lose that, even temporarily, was scary and depressing.

First things first... I need to lose some unwanted fats! humph muffin top we will be parting soon.

2 comments:

  1. hey I have been in the same spot as you - feeling lost - and at different junctures of my life :p kinda think that it's a a phase that we will go through at different stages of our lives. but it's okay :) just gotta take time off from the noise and and do some self-reminding and reevaluation :) so if a slump happens again, yes, it can get really depressing, but take the time-off, a personal retreat, whatever, and yes, up, up, up! :) God is with us, always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i told u that day about the word u used rite...muffin top...lol

    ReplyDelete